Welcome to Health Net
Health Net of California, Inc. (Health Net) helps individuals and families get the health care they need through every stage of their lives. We're proud to provide plans designed to help you be your healthiest.
CalPERS 2024 Open Enrollment
Whether you're new to Health Net, or coming back to us for 2024, we're here to provide useful information about Health Net open enrollment.
Canopy Health for Bay Area
You have more choices for specialty care if your SmartCare HMO is in the Canopy Health alliance.
(SmartCare HMO is available until 12/31/2023)
Teladoc – Telehealth Services
Enjoy access to Teladoc virtual visits just for being a Health Net member!
Experts in surgery decision, guidance and support.
Innovative diabetes prevention solutions.
RealAge Test (health assessment)
The RealAge test provides you with a personalized report of your behavioral and medical health risks. You'll receive a $50 gift card for taking the test and sharing the results with your primary doctor.
Find Social Services
Find services like food, shelter, job training, legal assistance and more. We are proud to partner with findhelp, formerly known as Aunt Bertha, to help you find programs and services in your area.
Tools for your mind, body and spirit. Self-help resources designed to help empower you to become – and stay – mentally and physically healthy.
We have a program for pregnant and new parents. It is called Start Smart for Your Baby®
Carousel content with slides.
A carousel is a rotating set of images, rotation stops on keyboard focus on carousel tab controls or hovering the mouse pointer over images. Use the tabs or the previous and next buttons to change the displayed slide.
Welcome to Health Net
More doctors, specialists and hospitals closer to you – when you need them!
You have two Health Net plan options:
- Salud HMO y Más: Salud HMO y Más caters to the diverse needs of the Southern California community and residents like you. You get affordable health care coverage and access to SIMNSA medical providers in Mexico.
Salud HMO y Más members and their dependents can receive care from SIMNSA doctors and facilities in Mexico (Tijuana and Mexicali) with lower copays and no need for referral.
For our San Diego members, we offer access to Scripps Health, along with all other providers in the Salud HMO y Más network. This includes access to 15 Scripps HealthExpress Clinics for same-day care for minor ailments and injuries.
- SmartCare HMO: (Available through 12/31/2023) SmartCare HMO is a network of trusted, high-quality provider groups and hospitals. With easy to use benefits, predictable costs and a quality network, SmartCare is an attractive, whole-health option for you and your family.
Salud HMO y Más and SmartCare HMO plans give you:
- MinuteClinic® is a convenient health care option for non-emergency illness and injuries. You can find MinuteClinics inside select CVS Pharmacy® and Target stores.
- A $50 reward for completing your RealAge® test.
- A $100 gift card for completing Craving to Quit® or Health Coaching.
- A $25 reward for completing Welvie Surgery Support Program.
Salud HMO y Más – available in 6 counties: Kern,* Los Angeles,* Orange, Riverside,* San Bernardino,* and San Diego*.
SmartCare HMO (Available through 12/31/2023) – available in 20 counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno,* Kern,* Kings, Los Angeles, Marin, Napa, Orange, Riverside,* San Bernardino,* San Diego,* San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, and Tulare.
- View the 2024 Member Guide – English (PDF)
- View the 2024 Member Guide – En Español (Spanish) (PDF)
- View the 2023 Member Guide – English (PDF)
- View the 2023 Member Guide – En Español (Spanish) (PDF)
These options combine to deliver more choice, value and reliability to CalPERS members!
Find Doctors and Services
TIP: Once you've entered your location, select a plan:
- Salud HMO y Más (CalPERS members only)
- HMO - SmartCare Network (CalPERS members only) – available through 12/31/2023
Take advantage of more choices for specialty care if your PCP is in the Canopy Health alliance.